Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Assignment 2- Exploring Occult Balance






Kaitlyn Oldham
Assignment 2- Exploring Occult Balance
2 February 2015
111-01



Reflection:
In this assignment, I learned a lot. The ten formative exercises that I did really helped me with my two final compositions, especially some of the ones that I didn’t feel very comfortable and confident with to begin with. Some of these included closure and continuity, figure/ground, and rhythm. I am really glad that I was able to have lots of practice with these before I started my final compositions. I ended up using two of them, figure/ground and rhythm, in one of my compositions. Also, I really learned how I could put a bunch of these formative exercises together to get more of an interesting composition. I found it to be enjoyable. One thing that I did find hard, was trying to put all of the practice compositions together as quickly as I was supposed to. I wanted to take time with each one and really find compositions that I thought worked. But then I did eventually see why it was better to go quickly with them. I overall, really liked this assignment.
------------------------------------------------------------------
 Formative Exercises:
Formative Exercise 6: Figure Ground











Formative Exercise 3: Grouping

2 comments: