Monday, February 23, 2015

Assignment 3- Light Intensity Gradient



















Kaitlyn Oldham
Assignment 3- Light Intensity Gradient
23 February 2015
111-01

Reflection:  I really enjoyed doing this assignment. I have always liked creating gradient compositions. I especially like creating the first composition (first picture shown). It was a challenge to try and find the perfect pieces to make up the final composition, but I found it to be a fun challenge. I actually redid that one. The first one that I made, I was extremely unhappy with so I decided to start all over. I am very happy with how this one turned out. As for the second final composition (second picture shown), I had some more problems with this one. I just found it to be really difficult. It was hard to cut out the shapes that I needed to be the gray background with out everything being glued down to the board first. I am somewhat unhappy with how this one turned out. The craftsmanship is not nearly as good as I would like it to be. Also, when making this composition, I wasn't sure if it was okay to have that strong line of color difference between the two magazine pieces (the white and then the very dark gray) next to each other. I only have the two big magazine pieces on the whole board for the gradient so that area didn't really match up too well, but hopefully that's okay.

Formative Exercise:
For the formative exercise, I had to pick out the whitest white that I could find, and the blackest black. Then, I had to find the perfect "in between" hue. Once those three were picked out, I had to find the perfect hue to go between the black and the "in between" hue, and then again for between the white and "in between" hue. Total, I ended up with 5 different hues, going from light to dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment